ALG has carried out the PartnersGlobal’s project’s final evaluation from April to July 2020.
The project set out to achieve the following objectives:
Objective 1: Increase awareness among the police and community of the role and responsibilities of a police officer.
• Sub-objective 1.1: Design, plan and deliver training support to strengthen the National Police Training School’s curriculum and capacities for conducting basic police training.
• Sub-objective 1.2: Improve communication between police and community.
Objective 2: Improve police and neighborhood leadership’s appreciation for and capacity to implement inclusive, problem-solving processes for safety and security issues.
• Sub-objective 2.1: Support the introduction of Community Safety and Crime Prevention Councils in each target municipality.
• Sub-objective 2.2: Strengthen chefs de quartier to engage in inclusive problem-solving processes on safety and security issues.
Objective 3: Increase women’s capacity to participate in problem solving with the police.
• Sub-objective 3.1: Support initiatives that contribute to restoring trust between police and women.
• Sub-objective 3.2: Engage with women and women’s organizations to increase participation in community safety and crime prevention initiatives.
Objective 4: Increase youth leaders’ participation in problem-solving with the police.
• Sub-objective 4.1: Support initiatives that both increase trust in police officers and improve crime prevention amongst target youth groups.
• Sub-objective 4.2: Build capacities of youth leaders to engage in community safety initiatives.